We Interupt Our Normal Broadcast to Announce…
Dent den nah nahhhh! Hermit Homewares has been awarded the “One Lovely Blog Award” by the sweet Emily Osmond of Get In My Home Blog.
[Blush] Who, moi? Oh stop… actually no don’t, I love it! Thanks Emily, you are too kind, a big virtual bear hug is headed your way!
Although this is not an official award as such, I am still rather chuffed about it. It is nice to know that someone on the other side of the world thought my little blog was so awesome that they would nominate it in their top 15 favs. So this is a feel good award and I shall pay it forward in the spirit of good karma and kudos.
So the award rules are as follows:
Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
Nominate up to fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
Random Facts about Me:
1. I am an avid collector of “Things”. My husband calls them dust collectors but I insist that they are treasures.
2. Public speaking is my nightmare, I guess that’s why I blog… somehow I can trick myself into believing I’m not speaking with millions of people because I am sitting here all alone, in my office, typing away. I know, weird right?!
3. I cried when my husband sold his EH holden car, it was an awesome original in great condition, saltbush green with white roof. Still wish we had that car back…
4. When I was young we lived on acreage. We had no pool so on hot days we swam in either the dam or the creek, yup farm girl through and through!
5. Ricotta Cannoli rocks my world 🙂
6. If I walk past a window I cannot help but glance in. I know it is a bit voyeuristic but I can’t help it. I am just so curious about what other people have in their homes!
7. Before I started this blog I was a press photographer and my images have been printed worldwide. I have photographed everyone from celebrities to royalty, even the Pope! It was a fascinating experience to see how “the other half” lives.
Blogs I Love: (In no particular order!)
1. Jak & Jil – No words, just stunningly beautiful street style fashion photographs.
2. I Me Mine – A lovely blog from a design and art savvy Aussie.
3. Chicquero – Always something unique and amazing from these two crazy Brazilians!
4. The Atlas and the Oyster – Dream selection of homewares, fashion and all things inspirational.
5. Fashion Soundtrak – The blog equivalent of that trendy, cool kid you style crush on.
6. Miss Moss – A beautifully curated blog from South Africa full of desirable goodies.
7. Style Theories – Constantly in awe of the fresh, sophisticated style displayed on this blog.
8. Charming Trinity – Charming indeed, an eclectic mix of all things wonderful – fashion, design, food…
9. The Design Files – A little Aussie loving here, Lucy and the team do an amazing job, I especially love their Australian Homes section.
10. Design Sponge – An awesome design blog that is a constant source of inspiration and admiration.